Thursday, November 16, 2017

Downtown Dreaming

My dear one, 

I found myself downtown with unexpected free time this beautiful Thursday evening, because my presence was not needed for the second half of a symphony rehearsal. So I walked around for a while, enjoyed the sunset view from the bridge over the waterfall, and ventured into a new gourmet deli for a light supper. After a busy morning and afternoon of teaching, followed by a hasty commute to the concert hall, the peaceful evening was a balm to my soul! 


If you had been sitting across from me at the little cast iron table outside City Hall, we'd have chuckled over the repetitive strains of the blues saxophonist busking across the street. We'd wonder exactly how much it would cost to take one of those carriage rides when we saw the horse clip-clopping up Main Street. You might have observed the glance I cast in the direction of the outdoor ice rink, and persuaded me to make my first iceskating attempt arm-in-arm with you. Perhaps you would have taken me to one of the cozy coffeeshops around the corner. One day...

Your Evenstar

No comments: