Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Is it unreasonable?

My dear one, 

Just a quick note this evening as I'm waiting to meet a former college roommate for dinner. You're more likely to hear from me on a frequent basis if I don't put upon myself the high expectation of a lengthy missive.

I sometimes feel that it's unreasonable to pray for someone who loves the Lord with his whole heart yet can also love me despite my sinful heart. Someone who is not a pharisaical legalist but still stays away from alcohol, rock music, and movie theaters. Someone who thinks deeply and carefully about Reformed theology and fundamental doctrinal matters yet is not swept up in the popular worldly worship styles. Someone who speaks well but doesn't pridefully seek the center of attention.


And then there are the little things... Someone who will go to art museums and art galleries with me and hold my hand during the symphony concert and can also enjoy target practice with me or take me to a college football game. Someone who has good taste in fashion and personal style yet is not swept up in the materialism and immodesty of our culture. Someone who wouldn't think it crazy to jump in the car for a summer road-trip across the country on I-40, but is willing to do so on a shoestring budget. Someone who values the characteristics of a "Proverbs 31 woman" but will let me off the hook now and then from my kitchen duties and treat me to Taco Tuesday or Thai takeout. 

You'd be surprised at what I can put up with. I'm a relatively patient and forgiving gal. So, what do you say? Perhaps give me a chance?

Waiting still...
Your Evenstar

No comments: