Saturday, December 17, 2016

Marriage and melancholy

Today a dear friend from my college days married her special someone, and I watched the livestreaming video from afar... in tears. I almost turned it off several times just because it hurts so much to see the blessings and joys that the Lord grants to others while denying me. Like Job, I must learn not to question Why? but rather, What can I learn about my God?

This evening as I was preparing my Sunday School lesson, I came to the precious words at the end of 1 Samuel 1:19 - "...and the Lord remembered her." Hannah had poured out her heart's grief to the Lord. Like Hannah, I must cast my cares and burdens at His feet... including this grief of loneliness in my singleness.

I may never understand what the Lord is doing with me. I can only cling to the truth that He hasn't forgotten me, no matter how loud Satan shouts that lie in my ear.

No comments: